Thursday 26 March 2009

Toby Carvery...

So I worked at the Toby Carvery on and off for five years during gap years and then university. Absolutely loved it - great bunch of people, we always had such a laugh and I didn't even mind the waitressing part of it. We got a new boss in about October 2005 and it just so happened that I'd been offered a panto tour for six weeks over Christmas. I asked the new boss if I could have the time off and come back in January to which he agreed on the proviso that I worked Christmas Day. OK, I thought, not ideal but I understand. Doubly annoying as I only had 2 days off over Christmas and Boxing Day! But I worked "The Worst Christmas Shift EVER" - rude people, no tips (what is wrong with people??? I am giving up my Christmas Day to shovel food into your already over-stuffed greedy gob and you can't give me a tenner?? TWATS!). So I gave the new boss a call First week of January and said I'm back so shall I come in on Sunday (my normal shift). To which he replied that he had no shifts for me followed by a letter offering me a job cleaning toilets in the effing motel and then sent me my P45 - WANKER!!!

So there you go. That was the end of my illustrious career at the Toby Carvery. Shame it had such a sour ending but still, I'm pleased I've got all the wicked memories from my time there.

My boss isn't in today - she's gone for a spa day and loads of treatments with her sister. Not jealous at all *silently seething*...

Latas xx

No comments:

Post a Comment