Monday 23 March 2009

It was the bubbles...

So Saturday was the last night of the play and was really well received (hurrah!). We all stayed for a few drinks afterwards and (unfortunately for my pride) I departed with the "just a soda water please" lark and hit the white wine. Hard. Was fun! Missed the last train so crashed at one of the cast's house after a kebab. Was not feeling all that special in the morning and left West London for what looked suspiciously like a walk of shame back to good old Essex. As I closed the front door behind me I realised I'd left my bloody coat inside!! It was 9am on a Sunday morning (too early), the ipod had run out of battery (annoying) so waiting for half an hour was not on the cards. I hesitated before ringing the buzzer to the flat only to be greeted by an angry neighbour who I'd woken from his Sunday lie-in. Was too scared to try another buzzer plus the coat has got a busted zip meaning I have to step in and out of it (makes me look a bit of a tit) so after twelve phonecalls to an unconcious cast-mate I gave up and braved the deceptively sunny but bitterly cold journey home with only Nana's scarf to keep me warm. She'd be so proud...

In a rather exciting/scary/ridiculous turn of events I have an audition on Wednesday for something quite big. Have been sorting out the songs I'm going to do since I found out last week and practising my little heart out in preparation. It's strange with my singing - when I'm doing something I feel confident in my ability but if I haven't stretched the singing legs for a while my self-belief goes right out the window. Have a voice lesson tomorrow so I'm hoping that'll give me a boost. Sod it, I mean what's the worst that can happen??! I don't get it - no-one dies, I haven't lost anything it's absolutely fine. Not thinking about what happens if I do well. I like to call myself an optimistic pessimist. I look on the worst side of everything but I'm quite happy about it! Deep breaths! I just want to be able to come away from the audition feelign I did my best and didn't arse it up in a massive, embarrassing, horrible, horrible way. That's not too much to ask surely.

Latas xx

No comments:

Post a Comment